To apply for admission to the Certificate in Health Professions Education, complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a Masters degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
The Fall 2023 applicaiton deadline is Friday, June 30, 2023.
Please Note: The program fills quickly; early application is recommended. Please contact Dr. Van Hoof at email@example.com should you have an questions.
Applications will be evaluated upon receipt of all required documentation:
- A personal statement from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded).
- Current resume or CV (uploaded).
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official transcript(s) or acceptable alternatives (i.e., ERAS or AMCAS report) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework not completed at UConn must be mailed to The Graduate School (see address below).
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- When completing the online application form, under the Intended Program tab select:
- Levels of Study: Certificate
- Academic Areas: Health
- Program: Health Professions Education Grad Certificate
- Campus: Online
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test. TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores are only valid for two years (from original test date of submission of UConn application).
- The GRE, GMAT, Residence Affidavit, and Letters of Recommendation are not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
- After you apply, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to the address listed below. Or, if your school(s) offers an electronic transcript service email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Connecticut
- The Graduate School
- Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student's file is complete.
If you have any questions on how to use the online application system, please contact The Graduate School at 860-486-3617.
International Students: This program is a part-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.